Monday, April 27, 2015

Front Row Seat :)

Bula Vinaka! 

This week has been really exciting because we have seen the work pick up and lots of new investigators popping up! We have seriously been OYMing up a storm these last few weeks. I've never talked to so many people on the streets in my life. And we've also been able to finally get to know the members more and build a relationship with them. We had the opportunity to speak in church, which I was so grateful for. I spoke about making the Sabbath a Delight. Right before I got up to speak, I felt this wave of emotion as I realized that this would be my last time introducing myself in a new ward as a missionary. Time has gone way too fast! 

This week we also had the opportunity to attend the Train the Trainers Meeting. I learned so much! It was also a good reminder to me of how we can effectively deal with stress and also of what an incredible opportunity and gift this 18 months truly is! It's an opportunity to learn and grow and really redefine who we are. It's up to us how well we utilize that time, but someday we will be held accountable for this wonderful opportunity! President Layton drew us a real nice graph explaining everything. Maybe next time I'll send a picture of it so you can be blown away just as I was. :) 

We also had exchanges this week! It was so exciting and fun and remotivating! And such a good experience to be on the other side of things! :) Sister Malito also had wonderful training advice which really helped me! Something cool happened this week. As I was praying the other night for help to be a better trainer, the thought came to me to read "The Preparatory Priesthood" by President Eyring from the Oct. 2014 Conf. So this morning I went through and studied it and learned SO much from the Holy Ghost. I realized the role that trust and love play in helping someone become the best they can!  He said..."Two of the blessings that a senior [mission] companion can give are trust and an example of caring."

I feel like throughout my entire life, and during my mission in particular, I have been on this quest for KNOWLEDGE and WISDOM! I feel like life is like one of those Mario Brothers games where you go around collecting these packages that are just lying in the road. Heavenly Father has these profound analogies and experiences and just wisdom waiting for us all packaged up nicely if we will just reach out and ask for them and do our part. It reminds me of Elder Gerald Causse's talk this conference about not taking the Gospel for granted! There is always something new to learn! The fountain of Gospel knowledge NEVER dries up! That's one of the blessings and joys of the Gospel! I'm going to finish strong and try to acquire as many little packages of Gospel insight and knowledge as I can before my time is up! 

I feel like this quote that I ran into this week sums up why I love being a missionary SOOO much..... "You have a front row seat to the greatest miracle of all; the effect of Christ's Atonement on individuals and families." That's why being a missionary is the best thing in the whole world! 

Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :) 


 Akuila got BAPTIZED! So sad I missed it, but I'm so happy for him! He is the BOMB!

 Sister Kesa and I with Sister Kinga and Sister Iaulualo at the Train the Trainers Meeting.

 Making Samosas with the Magnus family for Service!


No comments:

Post a Comment