Monday, April 13, 2015

Suva Nene :)

Bula Vinaka! 

This has been quite the roller coaster of a week! So many exciting and happy things and hard things too! But that's how missions go! Especially TRANSFER WEEK. Tuesday morning we got the call from President. My new area is Suva 3rd - Training.  So exciting but so scary! 

For District Meeting, Sister Kaisisi and I threw our very first "FUNeral!" It was real nice. Except our deceased District Leader was talking and laughing the whole time. No good dis Kine. We even had professional mourners and put cotton balls in his ears and nose. He'll be missed! We have been so close as a district and I'll miss all of them! 

By far the hardest part of the week was saying goodbye to Sister Kaisisi. I absolutely LOVE her so much. We have grown so close over the past 3 months and it took everything I had to get on that bus and drive away from her. She's a real sister to me. And I'm forever grateful for everything she's taught me and the best friend she has been to me. Heavenly Father must have known just how much I needed her in my life! I'm so glad we'll always be best friends no matter what! Companions truly are one of the greatest blessings of a mission! :)

I'm also SO blessed to have the lovely and talented and absolutely adorable SISTER KESA as my daughter! We are already best friends after only 3 days together. She is 21 (22 this week!) and from PNG! She is such a trooper. She always has a big huge smile and a cheerful attitude! Our first three days in Suva 3rd have been quite the adventure! Plenty walking. We are so excited to be in such a strong ward! And we can't wait to find out what the Lord has in store for us as we work hard and be obedient! 

Yesterday was Stake Conference! There was an American Family sitting behind us and about halfway through the conference I found out that the mom had served here almost 20 years ago and she had been the one to teach and baptize our Stake President and some of the other members there. Her companion also spoke in the Conference. How cool is that? It helped me realize the eternal perspective of being a missionary and what huge effects our diligent but seemingly small efforts can bring forth in the future! 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary. Sometimes it's not easy. Sometimes it's even a little bit hard. But I've learned that as we give every single ounce of our soul to the Lord, He can make us SO much more! I'm excited to finish strong, training! I'm ready to give my all for these last three months! 

Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :)


 Last District Lunch at Daikoku's! 
Isa, I'm gonna miss Noka! (Far right) I learned a lot from her! Wish I was gonna be there for her Baptism! 
Elder Nawahine's Funeral. (Other Side of Heaven Style... cotton balls in nose and professional mourning and everything!) 
 We're gonna miss Elder Nawahine a whole big bunch! He's been such a FABULOUS District Leader
 Our third companion .... Mela! Can't wait to find out where she'll be serving!
Sister Kaititi setting our Mouse trap! 
 We CAUGHT him! :) 
  
Isa, it about killed me to leave these people! But I'm so glad I got to see their Baptism! :)
Friends! L to R: Dipika (our other 3rd companion), Sister Kaisisi, Me, Jenny (investigator)
 Making Dumpling for our last service together in Nadi!
 I'm gonna miss Ane (investigator) too! (Far Right)
 And Elenoa too! (her other 5 adorable kids are missing)
 Sister Kaititi and I in front of our cute flat! I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE this girl. 
 Sisters of the WEST! :)
 One of the settlements in our new area! We get to hop from tire to tire for like 15 minutes! I'm gonna get some serious coordination practice... or fall in a foot of black molding mud ever single day ha! 
My adorable daughter Sister Kesa! Hard at work cleaning our bathroom! (better pics to come! )

No comments:

Post a Comment