Monday, March 2, 2015

Noqu 'Oro :)

Bula Vina'a! 
This week was a fun filled week of Traveling, Training, Exchanges, planes, buses, and boats. :) And some of the people I love the very most! It was such a huge blessing to be able to go to the North and spend some time with the sisters there! 
Labasa: First we flew to Labasa! We spent the evening on exchanges with the sisters then woke up in the middle of the night to catch our bus, then boat to Taveuni! Except we were off by an hour or two. So we spent some quality time chillin' on the streets of Labasa. And we were so exhausted when we reached Taveuni 10 hours later!
Taveuni: Isa noqu 'oro! It was a dream come true to be able to go back to my village! This place still has my heart! I LOVE those people soooooooooo much. We were there for two beautiful days with the sisters. And I'm pretty sure I gained about 10 kg. on that island. The night before we left, we ate FOUR dinners. Yep. FOUR. Ah. So good. But just way too much food. Wacipo'i and i'a and all my favorites! By the time we got to the 4th house, we were so stuffed we could barely walk.  And they served the food for us. It was HUGE! I prayed with every bite that I would be able to swallow and not throw up. Heavenly Father blessed me. But Isa.... my poor stomach! Ha! But in Fiji.....Food = Love. So I'm grateful! :)
Savusavu: We sat on the front of the boat and made plenty friends on our way back to Savusavu! And Holy Cow, Savusavu is beautiful! We had lots of fun with the sisters teaching and doing random finding. And experimental cooking. Then we went back to Labasa, where we got to go to church and spend time with our sisters there. And we ate SO MUCH GUAVA! 
I love the North. And Fiji. And missions. And these people. And everything else. And I'm kind of sick of typing. So my inspirational thought of the day is just.... that I'm GRATEFUL! I'm grateful to be a missionary! And for all the other blessings in my life! And life is good when we are grateful :) 
Loloma Levu,

Sista Matheson 

 Sunrise Bus ride! 
 On our way to the NORTH! :) 
 Homeless in Labasa. (Waiting for our Bus at 3 a.m.)
 Our preferred mode of transport..... the Taveuni Princess :)
 Waiting for the Taveuni Princess! 
 Savusavu Pit Stop
 Dinner with the Lalabalavu's! They made my favorite. (3rd dinner of the night)
 My Girls! They are so big! 
 Dinner with the Seniloli's. LOVE this family!
 The Taveuni Sistas! 
 So Full!!!!!!
 The Fourth Dinner. (Wacipo'i)
Savusavu Sistas! 
 Guava Break waiting for the Sisters

 Language study picnic!
 Walking home from Church with Sister Kora! SOOO hot. 
Meli (my recent convert from last year) is going on a MISSION! Rock on! :) So proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment