Sunday, April 27, 2014

Prepared by the Hand of the Lord!

Bula Vina'a!
We had an INCREDIBLE week! We worked really hard and truly saw the blessings! We had more lessons than we've had for a real long time. And 6 new wonderful investigators! I love each of them so much already and I'm excited to see them progress! :) 
We started teaching the Kumar family which is such a blessing! I've had my eye on them for a long time! They are an incredible part member family.  So prepared for the Gospel. 
For Service this week we ended up doing gardening for Sister Fisher and I fell in LOVE! Why have I never done gardening before? Man, it's so fun! I am so going to garden when I get home! I begged Sister Laru to let us plant a Moli tree in our yard but she says I have to wait till I get home :( I want one so bad! Even though I won't be here to use the moli's (lemons/oranges/limes). 
One major highlight of my week was FINALLY talking to one of our recent converts that I haven't heard from in over two months! Vuli! She called from Australia and completely made my day! And week! There's nothing like hearing that your recent convert has stayed strong and is living the Gospel! :) 
Other thoughts for the week....... we had PIZZA as a district for P-day. It's been so long! We payed way too much for it but it was delicious. I decided that I really really miss nice relaxing Sundays. Sundays here as a missionary are stressful sara ga. Also, I'm really scared to be transferred. They always say you get transferred right at the peak of the work. AH! 
I wanted to save the BEST FOR LAST!!!!!! This week my testimony was strengthened so much! I KNOW that this is the Lord's work and that he is truly preparing people for us to teach in this area. We have one new investigator named Biu. He is probably in his 40's or 50's and lives by himself. We met with him for the first time this week.  Then, Saturday night we taught him about the Restoration. It was probably the most powerful lesson I've ever had on my mission so far. I could literally see the light flooding into his mind as everything started to click for him. Prophets, the Priesthood, and the Restoration. He has such a sincere desire to learn. Golden Investigator Sara ga. We invited him to be baptized and he didn't answer for what seemed like 10 minutes. We were a little concerned until he looked up with tears in his eyes and answered YES! There is no feeling quite like that. After the lesson Sister Laru and I came home completely blown away. I KNOW that he will be a pillar of the church here.  It's so exciting to see things unfold! And it's humbling to know that the Lord is preparing people in very specific ways for us to teach and he is COUNTING on us. I'm so thankful to be a missionary! 
Loloma Levu,
Sister Matheson


Brother Kumar's Birthday! I LOVE this family! 


Our little village friends! Adorable eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment