Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Just another day in paradise.

Bula Vina'a!
Nothing super fancy or extraordinary happened this week, but every day was beautiful. 
Tuesday we had ZTM and we set some new goals as a district and a zone. The mission has a goal of continuing our success in the first quarter. We want to get 220 baptisms in the second quarter. Sister Laru and I want to get 6..... so 4 more. Or two per month. So we are going to start working on some serious baptismal dates for the  next little bit. 
Ozie is doing so well! He has been such a blessing in my life and mission. We watched two movies about the life of Christ with him this week and I think he was really touched by both of them. And he came to church! It's crazy to see that the Lord truly is preparing people for us to teach. 
I also started reading the Doctrine and Covenants this week because I've never read the whole thing straight through before. And it's AWESOME! I'm hoping to finish it in a week or two or three. There is so much about missionary work and the tips and blessing that go along with it.

One verse that I really liked was D&C 28:16....."And thou must open thy mouth at all times, declaring my gospel with the sound of REJOICING. Amen."  The word rejoicing really stuck out to me. I think sometimes it's easy as missionaries and members to just get stuck in a rut and not appreciate how miraculous and life changing this Gospel is! If we share this Gospel with enthusiasm and show people how wonderful it is, miracles will happen. 
Also..... HAPPY EASTER!!! Easter here is a 4 day public holiday. Everyone stays home and eats a ton! We have had so many dinner (and lunch and breakfast) appointments this week. I'm so full. But the members are sooo sweet. They always take really good care of us. And I'm so thankful for them. We also went to the McFadden's house for Easter dinner. They are the senior couple here.  It was delicious! And they had another couple there that has a second house here. They come diving a couple of times a year. They have some incredible experiences. Anyways, after dinner we read the Easter story.  It hit me so hard.  What an incredible sacrifice. And what a beautiful, perfect example of PURE LOVE. Both from our Savior, Jesus Christ AND our Heavenly Father.  I think sometimes we forget what a huge sacrifice it was for Heavenly Father as well. My companion and I read the story of the Bridge keeper and his son last night and we were both in tears of gratitude. 
I'm so grateful for this Easter season and my Savior Jesus Christ! I'm so grateful to be able to wear his name over my heart every day and share his glorious Gospel! :)
Loloma Levu,

Sister Matheson



Sister's Conference group photo


 Service! Scrubbing the footpath :)


 Rosi's  2nd Birthday Party! 



Sister Vereivalu and I making Masi's.  Au Kai Somosomo!


Sister Laru and I in front of the gorgeous sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment