Wednesday, May 13, 2015

No more sacred word......

Bula Vinaka!

First of all HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :) I really do love Mother's day so much. We celebrated well here in Suva 3rd because we had EIGHT investigators at church. Which was a miracle and just so so so happy! Especially because the last couple of weeks we have had 2 or 0. We prayed hard and did everything we could and then we left it to the Lord.  And we truly saw His hand in this miracle. :) I was just completely filled to the brim with Gratitude all Sunday. For the investigators at church, for the opportunity to be a missionary, and for such a wonderful Mother!

I was also filled with gratitude for the Book of Mormon. Our lesson in Relief Society was all about the Book of Mormon and I LOVED it. So many good quotes.  One of my favorites.....

"I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein.  The spirit of reverence will increase, mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow.  The spirit of contention will depart.  Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom.  Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents.  Righteousness will increase.  Faith , hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ - will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness" ~ Ezra Taft Benson

Can you imagine if people truly understood the power and the promised blessings of reading this great book? Parents around the world would pay TONS of money to get it into their home, and yet it sometimes sits on our shelves. Collecting dust. We are SO lucky. I am so grateful for parents who taught me to LOVE that book. 

I have also seen the power of the Book of Mormon as a missionary. It reminds me of this quote...."I have noted within the Church (and my mission) a difference in discernment, insight, conviction, and spirit between those who know and love the Book of Mormon and those who do not.  That book is a great sifter." SO TRUE. You can tell which investigators are reading from the Book of Mormon.  It is the anchor that is going to keep them strong in the church. 

As I was reading and thinking about Mother's yesterday I came across a quote that I think just about sums it up. "No more sacred word exists in secular or holy writ than that of MOTHER.  There is no more noble work than that of a good and God fearing Mother." How true. I wake up every morning wondering how I got sooo lucky. I truly do have the most wonderful Mother in the whole world. I try and live worthy to be her daughter each and every day. I have never met someone more Christlike, Selfless, Righteous, Loving, and just all around perfect.  If I can grow up to be even half of the woman she is I'll be one happy girl! 

Loloma Levu,

Sista Matheson :) 

 Sista KESA! Na Luvequ. She's the cutest.
 Suva Harbor on a cloudy day. :)

 Sister Kesa and I in the Harbour. (Taken by BYU students!)
 Intake picture in the Suva Zone! :)
 Service Project! With some of the ward missionaries!

 The Chopsuey we made this week! SOOO happy! I've been trying to make this forever!
 My companions for the night.... Sister Selai and Sister Lini :)

No comments:

Post a Comment