Monday, February 9, 2015

The Rock and Foundation of our Lives.

Bula Vinaka! 

Plenty wonderful things happened this week! We were able to find 5 new promising investigators! (Such a good feeling.) We also had the opportunity to do a training about Service for ZTM. And I went on exchanges with Sister Kora! 
Our cute little 10 yr. old investigator Loata was supposed to have her Baptismal interview on Saturday, but when we arrived, she was SO sick. Poor girl. Fever, throwing up, couldn't even stand up, etc. So we re-scheduled for next week. We asked if she wanted a Priesthood blessing and they said yes. A few hours later we got like 5 call back messages from them. When we called back Loata answered the phone and she was so happy and energetic and was definitely not the same girl we saw 3 hours earlier. Her mom told us that after the Elders gave her a blessing, she was almost immediately better! It was such a tender experience and I was so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed this sweet family with a miracle none of us will forget. 
I learned a lot from our investigators this week. We were teaching Noka about the Law of Chastity.  And she was SO happy.  At the end of the lesson she said..."Sistas, I think I'm falling in love with these commandments!" True eh? We should all fall in love with the commandments because they PROTECT us! And then Paula came to church and came back again for the CES devotional in the afternoon.  As I was sitting next to him, I could feel the truth and light flooding his soul. And I just poured my heart out to Heavenly Father in gratitude for such wonderful programs and for softening his heart.  
This week I did a lot of soul searching. A lot of praying and studying and pondering. And I learned a lot about making decisions. I'm used to having my family to talk through big decisions with. But not this time. I had to learn to really rely on the Lord. I feel like the Lord answered my prayers through so many different ways. One was through an article I read from the Ensign.  It said.....
"When you seek work [or school], find something that challenges you, that raises you to a higher level of performance. It may be harder, but you will grow, develop better, and contribute more good! You really have no idea yet who you are and what you can accomplish in life. You have great potential far beyond what you can imagine today." 
I'm so grateful for the inspired words of Prophets and Apostles and for the still whisperings of the Spirit.  I'm grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the guidance and direction that it brings to our life. I know that our Heavenly Father never leaves us alone. 
At the end of the same article it read.....
"In times of great challenge, when you are perplexed about which turn to take [yep that's me right now!], kneel down and ask your Heavenly Father....
Pause. I expected it to say something like...."ask your Heavenly Father what you should do and He'll tell you." but instead it read.....
"....to bless you and let your faith in the Savior and His Atonement be the rock and foundation of your successful life."

That was a huge lesson to me. A lesson that all will be well if we let the Savior become the rock and foundation of our lives. If we let our Faith in Christ lead our lives, we will know what we need to do and have the courage to do it!
Loloma Levu,

Sista Matheson :)

 Sister Kora and I after our exchanges! LOVE HER! :)
 Playing "Pani" with our zone! 
 Isa Noqu Ta! Sister Laru! I'm going to miss this girl so much! But don't worry. I told her I'm going to go serve in her ward after this!
 On our way to Suva
 I'm sorry for the scenic photo overload but it's SO pretty!
 Roadtrip
 That moment when it's just too pretty and you have to pull over and take a picture so you don't get distracted and die. 
 Samabula STL's and Nadi STL's. LOVE these girls! 
 The ride back. Fiji is Beautiful. That's all.
I. LOVE. FIJI. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment