Monday, January 19, 2015

The Adventures of (Half) WHITE WASHING!

Cola Vina!
(Bula Vinaka in the Nadi Dialect)
This week has been a super ADVENTURE! It about broke my heart to leave Samabula (ZION,) but I know this is what the Lord wants for me! And it's been an exciting and refreshing change! There is something about coming into a new area with a fresh set of eyes and gaining a vision for the potential of the area! Holy cow! Nadi is the bomb! There is SO MUCH POTENTIAL here! The members are great and we are just so excited to get to WORK! Isn't missionary work the best? Oh I just get so excited! We got quite a few new referrals and potential investigators this week and I know that with Hard work and obedience great things can happen here! 
I got to spend my last night in Samabula with Sister Chong before she went home which was so fun! I really believe companions are one of the greatest blessings of the mission! I've been incredibly lucky and blessed with the fabulous companions I've had! I adore each one of them! Including my new companion.... SISTER KAITITI (Kaisisi).  Another Kiribati! YAY! We've had so much fun together so far. Catching all of the creatures in our house.  Deep cleaning.  Finding people to teach.  Etc. I'm real excited for our time together! 
One of the biggest blessings of being here in Nadi is our adorable Chinese investigators. My goodness.  I adore them so much. Their faith and dedication blow me away! It's like Lu all over again! Today in their prayer they thanked Heavenly Father that they were able to"finally sign the papers to become members." They even wanted a copy of the baptismal form for a souvenir. And we are all stoked for their baptism! 
The first counselor in our Bishopric shared something on Sunday that really touched my heart.  He said he and his wife were preparing to go for a hike with some friends.  It was going to be just adults, but their 5 yr. old son REALLY wanted to go.  And he didn't have the heart to tell him no.  He knew his son wouldn't be able to walk the 4 km to the top.  So he carried him the entire way. About half way his son said..."See Dad, I told you I could do it! I'm not even that tired!" And a little bit later he said..."Dad, I can feel your sweat."  What a powerful lesson! How often do we forget who is carrying us? How often do we forget our Savior who sweat tender drops of blood on our behalf.  It was a great reminder to me that I'm not doing this alone.  I can't climb this mountain alone. I'm not strong enough. But He is. I'm forever grateful for His precious Atonement that makes change and progress possible! 
Loloma Levu!

Sista Matheson :)

 At the airport with Sister Crichton! I miss this girl so much!

 With Sister Mauga at the Airport!
 We're gonna miss Irene and Riya and Sally sooooo much!
 Sister Chong and our firstborn....Adolf the Avacado plant. We're proud parents. 
 Last night with the Khannas!
 The mouse we found trapped in our door. Ugh. 
 Sister Chong and I at the Airport! I miss her so very much!
First dinner with the new intake at the Khanna's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment