Sunday, January 11, 2015

Back to the Burning West

Bula Vinaka! 
Another crazy week! We started off our week with a Training we gave on Area Books in the Suva Zone.  A little stressful, but at the end I'm always grateful for the growing experience. Then we went on the last exchange for this transfer.  Then we got to spend two days in a trio with Sister Bogidua! She is such a fabulous missionary and I was so inspired by her testimony and fearless example. 
This week we found out Transfers.  I knew there was about a 50/50 chance I would be leaving Samabula since I have been here for about 6 months.  But I still got a shock when President told me that I am leaving.  On Wednesday I'll take a bus out to Nadi to be a Sister Training Leader for the west and the north. And my new companion will be Sister Kaititi! Another Kiribati! YAY! And we will be white washing which will be a new experience for me! Lots of room for more growing! I'm a little scared but also excited.  And also heartbroken to leave Samabula.  I have absolutely LOVED serving here.  This ward is the bomb and I know I have been completely spoiled now. I just love the people here.  It's hard to leave such great friends but I'm excited to make more friends in Nadi!  And I'm going to miss Sister Bauro SOOO much. We've had so much fun together!  And I just love her soooo much!
I was reminded of one of my very favorite quotes this week as I was reading the RS manual about Ezra Taft Benson.  It says....
"Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life. "  
Isn't that just so lovely? And comforting? Man, if there is one thing I've learned in my mission, I really think it is the power of turning your life over to Him.  Just having faith that our Heavenly Father loves us infinitely and has our best interests in mind.  
I also love Ezra Taft Benson's other quote..... "I wish that every Latter-day Saint could say and mean it with all his heart: 'I'll go where you want me to go.  I'll say what you want me to say.  I'll be what you want me to be.  If we could all do that we would be assured of the maximum of happiness here and exaltation in the celestial kingdom of God hereafter." 
What a promise eh? If that isn't motivation to find God's will for us and do it wholeheartedly, I don't know what is! It brings me comfort and peace in times of change. I'm grateful for the inspired words of Prophets and the peace and blessings the Gospel brings!
Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :)


 Dropping Sister Bogidua at the Airport! The two days we spent in a trio were so fun!


 Dinner with Line! Boiled leaves! I love Fijian food :)
 I'm going to miss Leyah! She is such a cute girl!
 Some of my favorite YW! The one in the white shirt next to me is my new companion's, (Sister Kaititi) younger sister. 
 Last companion camp out! I'm going to miss this girl SO MUCH!


 Sister Bauro and I.  Last Sunday dinner together.
 The view from one of our member's houses! Holy BEAUTIFUL! 
 Our dear friends.  We'll miss them all. 
 Joanna and I are best friends. 
 We took Irene and Sanjalini to a YSA activity and watched "Meet the Mormons." SO GOOD! I wanted to sit and just watch it over and over again.


 View back from our early airport run! 
 Riya is quite the character! I'm gonna miss her a ton! 

 I almost cried when I fed Lily her last "ogurt". :(
 Nausori is so pretty! 
 FHE and celebrating Vaselina's birthday! With our Kiribati kids! 

Sister Eneri and I with the Goat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment