Sunday, August 3, 2014

8 Months.

Bula Vinaka Friends! 
Guess what today is? That's right. 8 Months. 8 months with this cute little black name tag on. It's going way too fast.  
Also..... I'm in SAMABULA! It's so much different here but I love it. I have loved all of my areas. I'm a pretty lucky girl. 
A little about life in Samabula......... I have a huge flat. With like 4 rooms. And an OVEN and a BLENDER. And even a dryer. Does life get any better? And I can see the temple from my front porch. It's absolutely lovely. And we drive. On the left side of the road. It's a bit sketchy. But I'm getting used to it. We have church at the LDS Primary school and the ward is HUGE. And let's just talk about who all is in my ward. We've got the Mission President. Then the Temple President. Then we've got the Stake President and the Patriarch and to top it all off..... a General Authority. A little intimidating but talk about good member presence. :) They rock. This ward is insane. The YSA is huge. And I also can't wear village clothes anymore. And it's an English ward with a separate Fijian one. So that's a bit sad.  But we still do our best to squeeze in as much Fijian as possible. But it's a bit of a struggle and I hope I don't lose what I've learned. But overall I LOVE it. 

We also went to MLC this week and helped a bit with the intake and the out take. It's so different to be in the middle of everything that's going on. But fun! 

Also, can I just say.... I adore my companion. She is the greatest. Sista Chong is from Hawaii which I'm real excited about.  Everyone needs a friend in Hawaii. Plus.... we have the same birthday! Too bad we won't spend it together. :( She goes home in January. But she's wayyyyyy funny and everything is an adventure with her. And she loves ice cream. So we get along great. :) But really I look up to her a ton! I'm so lucky to be able to serve with her. :) 

I also love the members and the investigators and the recent converts and just everyone. I'm so lucky to be here! 

One more thing...... have I ever mentioned how much I love the song "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go"?.  Because it's quickly wiggled it's way to the tippy top of the fav list. I especially love the phrase....."But if, by a still, small voice he calls To paths that I do not know, I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine: I'll go where you want me to go." I just feel like that's one of the biggest things I've learned on my mission. Even when times get tough and you're scared. And when you're asked to go and do things that you've never done. Things that seem way beyond your ability...... you just have to put your hand in His and say you'll do it. You'll go wherever he wants you to go and just do what he wants you to do. Because you have faith. That's what I've learned so far. And that's why I'm grateful for this Gospel and for the knowledge that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants what's best for us. And He will NEVER give us something we can't handle. No matter how scary it seems. 

I love this Gospel. And I love being a missionary. :)

Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :)

 Last Dinner with Preethi! She treated us to BBQ chicken! I already miss her SOO much. 
 Last Lautoka district meeting before the transfer.
Isa Preethi! I LOVE this girl! This is the cute Sulu she gave us! 
 Eating Sugar Cane! 
 Scraping coconut with the Khanna family. They are recent converts and just adorable

 Lautoka District Sistas! 
Last picture with the Dau and Namatarua families! LOVE them!
The 5 hr. Bus ride to Suva wasn't too bad with this view!

Ice Cream for Sister Chong's ONE YEAR! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment