Sunday, December 7, 2014

Loose Tooth

Bula Vinaka!
This week was full of plenty fun things! We got to host 5 new Sisters. And help with the transfers. And also host the 3 returning Sisters. :) So lots of running around and taking people places. But it's always fun to get to know all of the sisters better! 
Funny Story of the week...... This week we went to visit our best friend Lily and sing her favorite songs.  We opened her "Ogurt" for her and she was going at it while we were belting out a hearty "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful." Then mid-verse she stops us.  Her tooth was falling out. Uh oh. Poor woman only has 3 teeth left. We felt real bad and we didn't know what to do. So we just let it keep flopping around as she talked. Apparently yogurt was still a little too rough on her. But at least she had a good attitude about it. :) She even let us take a picture. 
Also, can I just say.... Sister Kaititi is my HERO. I love that woman. And I learn something new from her every time we visit. This week when we went over for dinner, there had been a problem with their money transfer and their electricity had been cut off. Their freezer full of fish had gone bad all except one. And they were rationing their food. Yet, when we showed up for dinner, there was a full spread of food by candle light. And their last fish, fried up perfectly.  She was still happy and positive as ever even though it was a stressful time. And no way was she going to miss the blessings of feeding the missionaries. They sang the song about Christ feeding the thousands with the bread and fish as we ate our candlelight meal. My heart about burst and I learned a great lesson. I suddenly felt really bad about complaining all day about how stressful this week was and all of the things we had to do. Someday I want to be like Sister Kaititi. :)
This week I was also given the opportunity to prepare a talk about the Savior at the Second Coming, for our Zone Conference tomorrow. I was a little nervous about the subject and speaking in front of so many people.  But as I dug into the scriptures and all the resources I could find, I realized how grateful I was to have the chance to learn so much! I didn't realize how little I knew about the Second Coming etc.! Wow. My testimony was strengthened so much. I KNOW that Christ will come again. And I want to do my very best to live worthy of that day. Worthy to meet the Savior.  Worthy to fall at his feet.  Worthy to tell him that I have done my best. 
I love this Question that Alma asks the people. It invites each of us to search our souls and to evaluate how prepared we really are.

" I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?" (Alma5:16)
I hope that each of us can imagine that. And that we are living worthy NOW. I know that the Savior will come again. Soon. And he will come with "Power and Great Glory." And how lucky are we to have that knowledge? 
Loloma Levu,

Sista Matheson :)

 Eating Babakau with our fabulous investigators.  They are all cousins and best friends.  And they're SO ready for the Gospel. :)
Lily and her loose tooth. (I still feel bad about that)

No comments:

Post a Comment