Sunday, October 5, 2014

Exchanges, Exchanges, EXCHANGES!

Bula Vina'a! 
It seems like this week was FOREVER long because we did a ton but I don't have much time to email today.  So I'll do my best!
This week was our first week of doing three exchanges a week. It was a little bit crazy but really good. I went on exchanges with Sister Itea (from my intake) and I LOVE her. And then something a little crazy happened..... I went on exchanges with TWO palagis. That doesn't happen very often. Like never. It was so weird to be with another white girl for so long. I kind of didn't know what to do with myself. But it was great because they are both awesome sisters and I learned so much from them.  Sister Pyne is the one I replaced here in Samabula and everyone thinks we are twins. She is about to go home and we will miss her SO much. so much. And the other is Sister Rich from California. She is adorable and it was fun to get to know her better. I'm sad I didn't get pictures with either of them. I feel so blessed to be able to learn so much from all of the other sisters around me. 
We also spent plenty time OYMing this week. We are in the finding stages right now.  We have a good couple of solid investigators but we are really focusing on finding those that are prepared in our area. It's an exciting part of the work! 
We also learned to make more indian food. My companion is a chef. It's great. But kind of bad at the same time. We made Poori and Chutney this week.  I'm so excited to come home and cook Indian food for the rest of my life. :) 
This Sunday when we came to church, we were greeting all of the members like we do every week. And we came to the sweetest old Tongan Lady. She is my favorite. One of the most humble, Christlike people I've ever met. My heart melted as she started crying because she was so sorry she couldn't feed us this month.  I want to be like her someday. 
I learned SO much this week from my personal study.  Each day in the mission I grow increasingly grateful for the time we are allotted each day to Study. I can't imagine how I lived my life before the mission without it. I studied the "4th Missionary" talk and a lot about Faith and the Atonement. I wish I just had all day to share about it! I just get so excited! My poor companion has to hear me ramble on for days about all the cool things I learn!  And I also LOVED the Women's Conference. I'm excited to print off those talks and study them! 
This week we also got the opportunity to do a training in the Suva Zone Training Meeting. I learn so much from doing trainings.  More than anyone else does. This training we did on Matt 11:28-30.  And yoking ourselves with Christ to lighten our burdens as missionaries.  Focusing on the things we can do and work on and turning the rest to the Lord.  We focused on two ways we can Yoke ourselves with the Savior from this scripture.....
"Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
1st...... all ye that "labour." We have to do our part. We've got to be doing all we can to truly Yoke ourselves with the Lord. I love that. 
2nd....... "Learn of me." We've got to study the life of our Savior. Learn more about Him.  Then apply His teachings and example to our life. We've got to become more Christlike and do and say the things He would do and say.  If we are going to pull with Him, we've got to be going in the same direction and be on the same page. 
I'm SO grateful for the Atonement and for the Savior's invitation to "Come unto Him" and take upon His yoke. I'm so grateful that He is with us. Pulling. Each step of the way. And I am forever grateful for the things I've learned about the Atonement on my mission.  I love being a missionary! 
Loloma LEVU!
Sista Matheson :)


 Sister Chong and I have the coolest friends. Their names are Nishita and Aman. 
 ZTM lunch with all the sisters in the Suva Zone. LOVE THEM.
 Exchanges with Sister Itea in Nauluvatu Settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment