Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cray-Z week!

Bula Vinaka!

We had quite the wild week! It was the in-take and the out-take and transfers and we were involved in all of them. Plenty driving around and hosting sisters.  But it was so fun! One new sister came in on Monday and stayed with us for a day.  I was so impressed with how prepared she is.  She is going to be an incredible missionary and will have a great impact on the work here. 

Then the next two nights we got to host all four of the outgoing Sisters. It's so fun to see how much they have learned and grown and how sad they are to leave, but excited about the rest of life they are! We got to take them shopping and hear about their stories and their plans. 

One day when we were in the market with them, a lady selling bananas stopped us. She told us she was a member but she is not going to church right now. We talked to her and encouraged her and she gave us some free bananas. So nice. Then on the way back, she stopped us again and asked us to pray for her banana stand. We didn't know how to react. Ha. She pulled each of the four of us to one corner of her table and had Sister Trammell offer the prayer. In the middle of the bustling fruit market in down town Suva. Ha. "Thank you for this day and for these beautiful bananas. WE LOVE BANANAS. And we pray that everyone else does too and will buy this woman's bananas....." Ha  I was dying. Only Sister Trammell. :) 

This Friday was also a very special day because it was SISTER BECHU'S WEDDING! My trainer and my mom! I still can't believe that I was blessed enough to be serving in this specific area at this time to be able to see her married! She looked absolutely beautiful and soooo happy. She married another returned missionary from the Fiji Suva Mission.... Elder Inia. And they are sooo cute. They are going to live two houses down from us. Who would have guessed! So crazy! I just love them! :) 

This month as a mission we have been studying the Atonement. I love studying the Atonement! There is ALWAYS something new to learn about. It is truly infinite and eternal. My companion and I were both studying the talk "His Grace is Sufficient" (by Brad Wilcox) quite a bit this week.  It has grown to be one of my very favorite talks. If you haven't read it, go read it.

 One scripture that really hit me this week was ALMA 7:12............And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

How cool is that?!? Our Savior loves us SO much that one of the reasons he took upon Himself all of our sins and afflictions and infirmities of every kind is "to know....according to the flesh, how to succor his people according to their infirmities." He suffered so he would know best how to help us and walk with us. So he would know exactly what we need. Because HE has been there. He knows exactly what it is like. He suffered so he can HELP us. Individually. I can't imagine what he feels when we turn to everyone and everything EXCEPT Him to help us through our times of grief. I have gained so much more understanding and a deeper testimony of the atonement from my mission. And the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. But I DO know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. And that he loves us. More than we can begin to comprehend. And for that I am eternally grateful. 

Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :)


Sista Chong and I with the cute couple! We love them to pieces and are so excited to be in the same ward as them. 
 Sister Bechu and I! Mother and Daughter! I feel SOOOO blessed to be serving in this area at this time to be able to see her wedding. She is so beautiful! And I love her sooo much! :)
Sister Bechu and Elder Inia's Wedding! It was beautiful!

 Dropping the Sisters off at the bus (L to R: S. Vai, S. Jonathan, S. Ongesel, S. Chong and me)

Dropping Sister Trammell off at the bus! We miss these girls!

Helping the Kaititi family move.....without a car! Ha

 The goodie bags we put together for our Sister P-day activity. Inspiration church cd, our favorite Zandu balm, a book mark, a Gratitude journal, A few candies, Personal notes, and hand made draw string bag that one of the talented senior sisters made for us. 
Happy Eternity! Our cheesy card/gift for Ana and Ben! 

No comments:

Post a Comment