Sunday, September 7, 2014

Another Saint :)

Bula! 
I can't believe how fast the weeks fly here! I blink and I'm back in the same place typing another weekly email! But life is good. :) I'm one very happy girl! Plenty things happened this week. For starters we went on back to back exchanges this week. Holy exhausting. But sooo good. There is so much to learn from each and every sister and area and exchange. First I stayed in my area with Sister Uoka who is from Tuvalu.  She's waiting for her visa to go to Australia.  She taught me Tuvaluan. :) I love her. Then I went to Suva 1st with Sister Manusavaii from Samoa. I love her to pieces too. 

This week was also ZTM. And this time Sister Chong and I gave a training. It was a bit stressful but I learned so much. We taught about motivating people to change and to keep commitments and how what we do and how we do things as missionaries can have a huge impact on their excitement about this Gospel. 
And after ZTM..... I knocked on real doors for the first time. Well..... A door. The first door we knocked let us in and starting preaching Pentecostal doctrine to us. I feel for door knocking missionaries a bit more now. Maybe I'll knock another door someday. 
Also.... HAPPY (Fijian) FATHER'S DAY! :) yesterday. We also got a new bishopric yesterday.  And transfers came in on Saturday. Sister Chong and I are both staying (thank goodness), but this week is going to be a bit crazy for us because we are hosting the incoming and outgoing missionaries and moving sisters around for transfers. 
The highlight of our week was without a doubt Irene's Baptism. Holy Cow. She was SO prepared. I'm blown away by her every lesson. She is so sincere and pure and dedicated to the Gospel. She's been a huge testimony to me (along with Tui and others) that the Lord is preparing people. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind. He is doing His part. There are people who are ready. But are we ready and worthy to find them?  I feel so blessed to be able to teach her. She has taught me more than I have taught her. She probably has one of the strongest testimonies of the Book of Mormon I've heard from a recent convert and is ready to tell anyone who asks that that book is the reason she knows this church is true. She will make a fabulous missionary! 
This week I've been working on my New Testament. I started Acts. Acts is the bomb. I just really love all the courage and missionary work and miracles. I can't get enough. I especially loved Acts 3:7-8........

And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
I love Peter. He's such a rockstar missionary. He saw someone who needed help. Needed healing. And he healed him.  He took him by the hand and lifted him. And helped him every step of the way. And he didn't just help him stand and walk but "entered with him into the temple" praising God all the way. That's what this work is all about. The work of Salvation. It's about loving people and helping them and raising them and walking with them every step of the way and helping them all the way to the temple. And I just love it. It's beautiful. And I'm really sad that I'm already half way done. It's gonna fly. But I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had in the first 9 months and can't wait to see what the next 9 bring. :) 

Loloma LEVU! 
Sista Matheson :)

Irene's Baptism on Saturday! Happy Day!!!!!

 Pizza after ZTM with all of the sisters!
 Exchanges with Sister Manusavai'i. LOVE her. :)

 Father's Day Dinner with the Khanna's. (I barely remember what forks are anymore ha)

They are the best cooks. Rice, Dahl, Chutney, and tuna.

Exchanges with Sister Uoka! She's adorable and I just love her! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment