Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ruasagavulukadua. (21)


Bula!
I turned "ruasagavulukadua" this week. Such a long word eh? But I experienced my first Fijian/Missionary birthday. It was wonderful! We had some ice cream for celebration and my sweet companion made me the nicest card and found tons of ways to serve me all day. Then last night the Seniloli family made me a surprise birthday feast and an American Birthday cake. These people are so thoughtful and nice. I just love them. :)
We also had Zone Training Meeting this week. We have stellar Zone Leaders so it was really good.  I realized how much I DON'T know from Preach my Gospel. So I gotta work on that. Sister Bechu and I learned that we learn best from quizzing each other so we've started quizzing each other on PMG, BOM and all sorts of other things.
We also made ROTI this week.  Once again.....a dream come true! :) When I think Roti, I just think of getting lost in the Malaysian jungle with 20 Roti's packed for the night. Ha. But now I can make it all by myself. I was so happy when Sister Bechu taught me this week. :)  (See genuine smile in pictures below.)

At the beginning of the week, we were really worried about one of our investigators.... Brother Orisi. He was having some family problems and didn't want to continue with the lessons. We worked through the issues and didn't give up on him and he came around though. And he is getting baptized next week! I'm SO grateful. Patience and love are central to this work. :)
We found a new investigator this week named Ozie. He's Indian and it is my first time teaching someone from a non-Christian background. But he's such a sweetheart. I'm nervous but excited to learn and grow and truly bring someone to Christ. We've been studying particularly about the Atonement this week in preparation and I've learned so much. It's hard for me to read the story of the Atonement and realize that all of that happened for ME. I don't like to see people in pain because of me. But I'm SOOO grateful. Because I know that without the Atonement there would be no HOPE. No reason to work to improve. No reason to repent and come closer to Christ.  No hope in returning to live with Heavenly Father some day. No plan of Salvation. No Gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing. But because of the Atonement we can have EVERYTHING. :)
Loloma Levu,
Sista Matheson :)


Our lesson last night with Bro.Orisi and his family.  We spent a lot of quality time with this cute family. LOVE them. 

The adorable birthday cake my sweet companion and the Seniloli family made for my birthday. 

The gorgeous view of the ocean by Lamini village.  Fiji gets gold for sunsets.


Elder and Sister McFadden took a bunch of us to icecream for my birthday. They are the sweetest.


My first Roti making experience :) 
The finished product is shown above.



My kids. Sweet Reni who always calls us "Tita! and Sori and Litiana.



Mission Conference


Northern Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment