Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Noble Task

Bula Vinaka!
This week Sister Kesa and I did some serious WORK! We hit a "Lessons" record for our companionship so far. And we definitely saw the blessings! Joeli was able to overcome his Word of Wisdom struggles through his faith and also the Priesthood Blessing that he received. And two of our other investigators made some serious steps towards baptism! :) Yay! It's such a great feeling to see these people that you love so much make steps towards something that is going to change their eternity! 
This week I was given the opportunity to prepare an insight on conversion and I learned so much.  In the Bible Dictionary it says something that really hit me....."To labor for the conversion of one's self and others is a noble task."  I just think that is beautiful. And it reminded me that every single day we are fighting for our own conversion.... or else we should be. Because we NEVER stand still in terms of our conversion. We are either moving forwards or backwards with every tiny decision that we make. 
I also spent a lot of time writing letters to my recent converts this week. I'm trying to write to each one of them before I go.  But I think writing those letters has helped me more than I hope they will help them. Because every time I pick up the pen, my heart and mind are flooded with memories of teaching them and the pure Joy I felt at the time of their baptism. I was reminded of the tender mercies of the Lord and of how He guided us to each one of them. I was reminded of how much I love them and the things that I hope for each of them. And I was reminded that the mission is truly a MIRACLE. And I realized that I have seen the promise at the beginning of Preach My Gospel fulfilled in my time here as a missionary..... 

"More Happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you Labor among His Children."


 How true that is. I was also reminded of this Scripture.......

 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen. (D&C 15:6)
As I reflect on my entire life, the tender experiences I have had on my mission of watching the Gospel and the Atonement change lives, are truly those things which are of the most worth to me. 
I also spent time reflecting and trying to record some of the spiritual experiences, testimony builders, lessons learned etc. from my mission so far. Once I started, I couldn't stop.  And I ended up with 4 or 5 pages full of experiences.... and counting. The Lord has been so merciful to me! I've learned SO much. Missions are the best. And I testify that they really do change lives! :) 
Loloma Levu,

Sista Matheson :)

 Three Generations. My Mom.... Sista Bechu, Me, and My daughter... Sista Kesa!
 So happy that Sister Kaititi and Sister Bechu came to visit us! Go AGGIES! :) 
 Isa Noqu Na! I miss her!

We found this little guy during Service! 
Selai's Centipede! 

No comments:

Post a Comment