Sunday, May 18, 2014

Goodbye is the hardest part.


This has been quite the eventful week. Good and bad and hard and happy. And everything in between. 
I'll start with the hard and the bad. And the really really sad. Wednesday Morning we got a call that our Branch President passed away. He was cutting grass at the church then sat down because he was tired from the hot sun. He was chatting with a few new members about the temple.  Then another member came and tried to shake his hand but he didn't respond. He never woke up. :( So sad. We think it was probably a heart attack or something, but it seems like a semi peaceful death without too much suffering so we can be grateful for that at least. He was such a great man. The night before, he came to choir practice and was laughing and joking and his last words to me were..... "Moce sista Merika" (bye Sister America). So it's been a hard week. Especially because both of his counselors have been really really sick and one is even in Suva at the hospital. And the rest of the leadership went to Labasa this week for District Conference. But we made it through Sunday. And the funeral is tomorrow. 
Now for something a little bit happier. Biu (our super awesome, 100% golden investigator) passed his interview with flying colors! I was so excited for his interview not to prove to everyone how incredible OUR investigator was, but because I KNOW that hearing a story and testimony like Biu's will strengthen each and every missionary's testimony that Heavenly Father is truly preparing people to receive the Gospel. They are out there. Just waiting. And let me tell ya.... it's REAL exciting when you finally find them. :) 
A few other things we did this week..... Service cleaning the house with Sister Vika and her kids. She just had a new adorable baby boy. Choir practice, choir practice, and more choir practice to get ready for the District conference and now funeral. We also have a few more investigators that are progressing nicely. Yesterday I was also pretty sick and had a fever because my mosquito bites turned into boils again. First time I've been really cold my whole mission. And it was 90 degrees outside ha. But it's better today with a little medicine. 
Funny story of the week........ Thursday morning I woke up to Sister Laru staring out the window. I went over to check it out and there was Brother Fisher. And a heard of piglets. Just staring each other down. Then we watched him run around the yard and catch them one by one. It was a whole family affair really. It takes a lot of coordination and effort to catch pigs. It was quite the sight. It was our entertainment for the week. :)
Now for the biggest news..... I GOT TRANSFERRED.  I'm going to Lautoka 1st ward.  Sister Mataoa is my new companion and Sister Laru is going to be training here. Lautoka is on the main island and is in the "burning west". I'm excited to meet new people and have new experiences but I'm gonna miss the village life SO MUCH.  My heart is in Taveuni. Kai Somosomo. I bawled at church yesterday.  Change is hard but I know it's what the Lord has in store for me and I know he will help me through every step of the way. I've learned SO much in this area and had so many growing experiences. I absolutely adore the people here. They are my family. I'll miss my fabulous companion Sister Laru (and already miss Sister Bechu) so much. But I'm ready to move forward with faith! 
Loloma Levu,

Sister Matheson

Last dinner with the Lalabalavu's. They are the sweetest.  They feed us EVERY Thursday. 

Dinner with the Driver's. One of my many families here. They feed us every week too!

Our Golden investigator Biu (far left) and President Maiwiriwiri (Right) after our lesson.

 After Service at Sister Vika's house. Having a popcorn break with our "Helpers" :)

Primary! We love spending time in primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment